18th July

ILB was tasked at 0239 after being tasked by the UK Coastguard to a multi agency incident in the vicinity of Rochester on the River Medway. Launching at 0300. The Lifeboat was released from the incident at 0340 after it was confirmed that other agencies has resolved the situation.
The Lifeboat returned to Station at 0415, refuelled and made ready for service. WSW  2/3.

The Sheerness all weather lifeboat was tasked by the UK Coastguard later that day at 1330 to reports of a yacht off Stangate Creek, which had suffered a fire in the engine compartment. Launching at 1345 with a crew of 7 onboard the Lifeboat  was quickly on the scene. An updated report confirmed the initial fire was out , but with concerns of potential re-ignition a tow was swiftly rigged and the casualty vessel towed to Queenborough All Tide Landing. The Lifeboat at the same time requested that Kent Fire & Rescue be tasked to meet the Lifeboat and the casualty on their arrival to check the yacht over and make safe if need be.
Arriving alongside the All Tide Landing at 1415 the casualty vessel was made secure and handed into the care of Kent Fire & Rescue team and the Sheppey Coastguard Rescue Team. The lifeboat was released at 1425 and was back on station at 1435.  WSW 2/3.

Another call for the Sheerness Lifeboat crew came at 1614 when they were tasked to ‘assemble’ by the UK Coastguard in response to reports of an incident involving a boat aground South of Sea Reach 6 Buoy, Thames Approach Channel.
Due to the nature of the tasking and the ebbing Tide the the UK Coastguard tasked alternative assets to resolve the situation and the crew were stood down at 1639.

The fourth call from the UK Coastguard on the 18 July tasked the Sheerness ILB at 2331 to reports of 6 persons cut off by the tide at Grain Tower,Isle of Grain.
Launching at 2345 with a crew of 3 onboard the ILB was on the scene within five minutes where the Medway Coastguard Rescue Team were also in attendance ashore with further individuals who had also been on the Tower but were now on shore.
The ILB soon ascertained that there were in fact six individuals on the Tower despite initial information received to the contrary and made 3 separate journeys to safely transport the six individuals, two at a time back to the shore and into the care of The Medway Coastguard Rescue Team.
The ILB was released from the scene at 0030 , returned to Station at 0035 refuelled and made ready for service at 0055. Sthly 2.